Another Year, Another Surgery


I'm finally caving and trying out Bloggers Dynamic Views. It seem to work well for some aspects of blogging but it misformats the pictures and text for older posts. So let me know if you like or don't like it. I've heard it can mess with the stats too. This post will serve as a trial.

Just after Thanksgiving i had a second surgery on my shoulder. So i was in a sling for  6 weeks, again, unable to really do much of anything except visit with people and play Skyrim. So that's what i did. I spent a few weeks with my Seattle relatives and then made the trip to Alabama for another two weeks before returning to Snoqualmie. I didn't even bother to bring my camera with me, because it would be impossible to use it without going to great efforts. I did bring my iphone though.

This is what i like about the forests in the Pacific Northwest. 

A fern forest.

 I spent a lot of time walking on the neighborhood trails around Snoqualmie for exercise.

 I found an old Ford Ranger and a "Scout Custom" that were nearly reclaimed by the forest.

In Alabama my friend Mike took me out to this place i somehow had never heard of all the years i had lived in Alabama. Near Bucks Pocket State Park, down an inconspicuous dead end county road 144, is a very tiny park called High Falls. It's a fantastic waterfall that would make for a great swimming hole in the summer.




Yes that's a natural bridge window on the right.


On the road that leads to the falls is this pretty neat old house.


 Inside were some very steep stairs.

When i got back to Seattle we had Christmas dinner at a house being rented by my sister Noni. It also had steep stairs.

Another Year, Another Surgery Another Year, Another Surgery Reviewed by Unknown on 21:46 Rating: 5

Hiç yorum yok