PreOrders for the Minc!

When I was watching all the products come out for CHA, the one I wanted the most was the Minc machine by Heidi Swapp.   I ordered one as fast as I could and it arrived last week.  I finally played with it today AND I LOVE IT!  And the good news is we will be able to take preorders on these!!!!!!    


Here is a video showing this awesome machine:




Prices:
Minc Foil Machine $120.00
Minc Transfer Folders 2/Pkg (6.25"X12" & 12.25"X14")  $4.25
Minc Reactive Foil 12.25"X10' Roll  $8.25 each   Colors available (blue, mint, light pink, holographic, hot pink, green, teal, red, silver, rose gold, gold)
Heidi has a lot more Minc products such as gallery prints, cards, tags, pads of paper, chipboard frames, cake toppers, labels, pinwheels, alphabet stickers, calendar cards, banners, place cards, 3D flowers, 3D butterflies, die cut words, etc.  There are too many to list but if you tell us what you would like we gladly would see if our supplier carries them and order them for you.


Please email all preorders to dutchpapercrafts@gmail.com 




Now I would like to share my thoughts with you about the machine: 
The first thing I noticed is this machine is HEAVY and very sturdy.  You can just sense it is very well built.  I was impressed with that as so many things these days are built so cheaply. 
The instructions were super easy to understand.  It took me less then 5 minutes with my first attempt at foiling.
The machine came with a transfer sheet, a sheet of gold foil and 3 of Heidi's tags.  I highly recommend ordering the rolls of foil-there is a lot of foil in these rolls and order some extra transfer sheets.  You can cut the transfer sheets down for smaller projects.
Now, here is the only drawback that I find with the machine.  It states you need a laser printer.  I believe it needs toner ink.  I know I went into Microsoft Word and used a friend's laser printer to print off some Happy Birthday's in cool fonts.  They foiled beautifully.  I have seen some monochrome laser printers (meaning they only print in black and white) for sale that are decently priced.  These would work fine for my foiling needs.
Now about the foiling itself.  I have been messing around with foils for years.  I bought that glue pen that dries tacky and then you rub your foil over it.  I also bought that $100.00 heated pen that you trace over your foils.  Ugg..My hand wasn't steady enough to give nice results.  I couldn't even tell you where those are stashed away in my home.  I used both a few times and didn't like the results.   When I foiled my designs with Heidi's machine I was amazed.  It was so crisp and beautiful.  The finest of details foiled.  I was still skeptical so I swiped my thumb across it fully expecting the foil to flake off.  It didn't budge.  Then I rubbed vigorously and it still stayed put.  The results are very professional and polished looking. No missed spots with the black toner showing through.
Now I thought I will have to look at all my stamps more closely and ink them up on white paper and go print them out at my local office supply store.  Unless of course I splurge on a laser printer and copier combo  :o)   Now all my stamped images can be foiled.  All those word stamps can be taken a step further and look to be professional on my cards.
Then I looked at my dies.   Hmmmm.....  I love my dies.  Can I foil those as well?  So I cut some Sue Wilson floral dies out from black paper.  I then ran to my local office supply store and put the die cuts on the scanning bed and covered them with a white sheet of paper.  I printed it out on cardstock paper.  I then rushed home to experiment.  I lined up the dies on the image (this is where I realized you need to carefully think about how you put the dies on the scanner bed as you cannot cut out the image in reverse...oopsie).  Anyways, I did do some correctly and then I cut out the copies and ran them through the Minc.  They foiled my die cuts beautifully!   Not one of the dies I cut were embossable but I do think they would have withstood embossing.  I can let you know that at a later date.  The next thing I did was foil the copies I made and then tried cutting them.  I fully expected this not to work.  You know when you try to cut your heat embossed images all the gilded parts crack and flake away?  Well that doesn't happen with the Minc.   That foiled image stays put and withstands the pressure of your cutter with no problems.
At this point I called Patricia and told her to run, not walk and order herself one. LOL  Patricia being the artist that she is said "Can you color it after you foil it?"  I grabbed a pink Tombow marker and colored a foiled flower.  It colored beautifully.  I think at that point Patricia groaned.  She is trying to be good and not spend so much.
So here are my thoughts.  All your stamps can be foiled by coping them with a laser printer/copier. And after you foil them you can cut them out with dies. Look at your stamps and all of a sudden ideas will come popping wildly in your head.  I am looking at my Heartfelt creations right now.  I am thinking I can stamp some florals, copy them and then foil them then cut them with the matching dies....
And all your dies can become foiled!  You can also cut some swirly dies and strategically place them on a scanner, copy and voila!  Your dies are now ready to be foiled into beautiful stationary or background paper.
There are also some papers and other crafty things that Heidi has premade and precut so you can go foil them straight from the package.  The beauty of these are that they are printed on shiney paper that makes them look so beautiful.
We will be happy to preorder you any of the Minc products.  As always, Patricia and I appreciate the business and thank you for your patronage.
-Darlene


PreOrders for the Minc! PreOrders for the Minc! Reviewed by Unknown on 18:54 Rating: 5

Hiç yorum yok