Waikiki, Honolulu

Honolulu is a large city with nearly a million people living in the area. It's pretty amazing for that many people to be living on such a tiny island, and in fact, Honolulu has the highest population for a state capital relative to the state's population.

I had been to all of the Hawaiian islands except Oahu, because i kept hearing rumors that my dad wanted to retire there. Well, i haven't been to Lanai either, and i flew over Molokai in a helicopter. Last year my dad finally did retire, in Honolulu, so i was forced to go visit him this past winter. I had a long bout of mysterious health issues this winter and in January found out i couldn't walk correctly, so i figured the warm weather and lack of ice might be good for me.
 I'm getting into reflections and obstructions when i'm in urban areas.

I was in Waikiki in a building just about two blocks from Waikiki beach. I didn't really go anywhere else in the city, but we did drive around other parts of the island. So here are a bunch of pictures of what you can see within walking distance of my dad's apartment.
Part of the view from my dad's 30th story balcony at dawn.
Some Waikiki buildings as seen from the convention center
The convention center is pretty cool.

Convicts

I went snorkeling a couple of times. You can go right at Waikiki Beach, or over to the state park. They had some torrential rains while i was there and it seemed like that made the water really cloudy. Even at Hanauma Bay visibility was poor.
A parrot fish, there are tons of these around and they have a lot of variety in their coloring.
The state fish: Humuhumunukunukuāpuaʻa
A Blue Lined Surgeon Fish and two Yellow Finned Surgeon Fish
Ring Tail Surgeon and an Orange Spine Unicorn Fish
Coronet Fish. These guys are pretty cool.
Another Parrot Fish. They eat coral.
People often get married in Hawaii. I took this one for free.
The Marina down by Waikiki Beach.
A panorama of Honolulu looking Northwest from Waikiki
The view from the balcony at sunset.
Waikiki Beach with Diamond Head in the background. Oddly, i didn't go up Diamond Head. Party because it was all brown from a drought.
It can be hard to find a good bathroom.
The Waikiki Gun Club is located right in the middle of a lot of high end fashion shopping.


Waikiki, Honolulu Waikiki, Honolulu Reviewed by Unknown on 10:22 Rating: 5

Hiç yorum yok